Our Vision…

  • We are encouraging all young people to take action in their community and our world.
  • We are moving forward with our mission.
  • We are powerful advocates for change.
  • We are making a difference.
  • We are proactive not reactive.
  • We are the future so hear our voices!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Jonathan Jaques


I just recently participated in a “torch run” charity event for the Jonathan Jaques Children’s Cancer Center. It is a beautiful event celebrating the children and their families that face the diagnosis of cancer and other serious disorders. The day was dedicated to honoring those in memory and cheering on those that have survived. The survivors passed the torch to those currently battling cancer, the ceremonial torch passing graced the run with a powerful symbolism to fight, press on and persevere.
The Jonathan Jaques Children’s Cancer Center (JJCCC) at Miller Children’s Hospital cares for children and families facing diagnoses of cancer and other serious blood disorders. The torch run honors inspirational children who celebrate another year won in the fight against serious illness. It is a day to remember for a lifetime. (From The Jonathan Jaques Children’s Cancer Center website: http://www.jjccc.com/)

(Here I am signing. I always like to write a quick special message to the person I’m signing for. I must admit that I enjoy the look on their faces when I say “left hand signature or right hand signature” I’m pretty much ambidextrous LOL!)

As this cause is really close to my heart, there was nothing like spending the day celebrating so many young heroes; I met a number of incredibly inspirational kids. I ran alongside them not only in honor of them and their families, but also to honor the many cancer survivors in my family, as well as relatives who have lost their lives battling cancer.

For me supporting Non Profit Organizations is a part of my life and doing so has helped make me who I am. I believe that when we give to causes larger than ourselves, it not only expands our horizons, but connects us with others in meaningful ways. As I am writing this, I think about Farah Faucet and her brave fight with cancer. Her legacy will continue to live on especially as each of us make conscience steps to support and spread awareness. This blog is dedicated in the memory of her and many others that have fought and dealt through hardships.

(The little boy holding the torch is also a cancer survivor. He is such an inspiration. He has been through so much and has come out on the other side smiling. A worthy cause to celebrate!)